Sens. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa and Robin Padilla left the Senate premises together before dawn on May 14, just a few hours after the shooting incident inside the Senate, Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. said on Tuesday.
“On May 14 at about 2:30 a.m., a white Fortuner was seen and individuals were observed leaving the Senate. In particular, we saw Senator Bato and Senator Padilla heading toward the vehicle,” Nartatez said during a Palace briefing, citing footage taken from closed circuit television (CCTV) camera footage.
“Per records inquiry, it is owned by Senator Padilla,” he also said.
The Palace, citing multiple sources, confirmed last week that dela Rosa made a predawn “escape” from the Senate, where he had sought protective custody amid an International Criminal Court warrant.
There is currently no information on where the vehicle went or whether other individuals were aboard.
Unlike dela Rosa, Padilla was present in the Senate on Monday as it convened into an impeachment court. He told reporters that dela Rosa remains in the Philippines but said he has no idea of his exact whereabouts.